National Entitlement Card
The National Entitlement Card programme is a multi-application smartcard scheme run as a partnership between the Scottish Government, Scotland’s local councils and others to make it quicker and easier to access services (such as transport, cashless catering, library/leisure membership, payments, concessions, proof of age) using one card rather than many.
For further Information please the National Entitlement card Programme www.entitlementcard.org.uk
If you are a resident of, or have recently moved into the Highland Council area and have a query about your National Entitlement Card you can contact your local Highland Council Service point or telephone 01349 886606 for assistance.
- Highland Rail card. This is an annual railcard for Highland residents which entitles holders to 50% off local rail travel.
- Senior railcard. This card offers, those who are aged 60 or over, 1/3 off standard and First class fares across Britain for a year
- Family & Friends Railcard. The Family & Friends Railcard saves you 1/3 off adult and 60% off kids’ fares across Britain for a year.
- 16-25 Railcard. This railcard saves you 1/3 off rail fares across Britain for a year. If you’re between 16-25, or over 26 and in full-time education, you’re eligible to apply.
- Disabled Persons Railcard. If you have a disability that makes travelling by train difficult you might qualify for the Disabled Persons Railcard. The Railcard allows you to get a 1/3 off most rail fares throughout Great Britain. If you're travelling with an adult companion they also can get the same discount .
- For further information on any of the above Rail cards please click here (www.scotrail.co.uk)